TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions - Couples
Please read through these Terms and Conditions carefully. By accessing our web site located at www.marriagefriendlytherapists.com (the "Site") or by otherwise accessing any content found on this web site, you are deemed to have entered into an agreement with the National Registry of Marriage Friendly Therapists, LLC ("we" or "us") and to have agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Agreement with Values Expectations. Please refer to Eligibility for Therapists: Values Expectations. If you contact a therapist listed on the National Registry of Marriage Friendly Therapists (the “Registry”), you are expressing your desire to find a marriage therapist supportive of your marriage.
2. Therapist Eligibility and Your Role. We will use reasonable means to evaluate the educational, license, training and experience credentials of a therapist applying for listing on the Registry. Necessarily, we will rely to a great extent on the representation of each therapist that the therapist agrees with the values expectations of the Registry. If and to the extent that we become aware that a therapist’s credentials are not accurate or that the therapist is not competent or does support the values of the Registry, we will remove the therapist from listing on the Registry. No process is perfect. Even though you have chosen a therapist from the Registry, you must continue to be a critical consumer. If the therapist is not a good fit for you, find another therapist from the Registry who is a good fit. If, however, you believe that the therapist is deficient in ability, training, methods or supportive values, please provide us with feedback at Client Feedback.
3. Feedback on Therapy. Please refer to Client Feedback for a statement of the importance that we will place on client feedback and the knowledge that we hope to obtain from that feedback. Although you will not be required to provide feedback if you choose a therapist from the Registry, we hope that you will contribute so that we are better equipped to fulfill our mission.
4. No Liability for Therapists. Although we will use reasonable means to evaluate the therapists listed on the Registry, we assume no responsibility for any act or omission of any therapist listed on the Registry. Therapists listed on the Registry are not our employees or agents. By accessing this Site and electing to use a therapist listed on the Registry, you agree to release and hold harmless the National Registry of Marriage Friendly Therapists, LLC and its members, governors, officers employees and agents from any and all causes of action and claims of any nature relating to or resulting from the acts of a therapist listed on the Registry
5. Use of Information on this Site. If you are accepted for listing on the Registry and we subsequently remove you, you will receive a pro rated refund of your fee. You will not receive a refund if you request removal from listing on the Registry.
6. Use of Information on this Site. You may retrieve and display on your computer screen the information contained on this Site, print (but not photocopy) such information and store such information in electronic or print form for your personal use. You also may refer other couples or your therapist to this Site and such information. Except as expressly provided in this paragraph, you agree that you will not reproduce, modify, disseminate, sell, distribute, publish, broadcast or commercially exploit the information available on this Site without our express written consent and, if necessary, the consent of third party providers of content on the Site. In all events, you will preserve all trade names and marks and copyright notices.
7. Communication. You understand that if you provide your fax number, email address, mail address or telephone number to us, you will be giving express permission to the receipt of communications by such means from us or on our behalf.
8. Privacy Statement. We respect your personal privacy and that of the other couples and therapists who use the Site and the Registry. Please see our Privacy Statement.
9. No Warranty; Disclaimer of Liability. We expressly disclaim all warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and warranties of merchantability. In no event will we be liable for direct, indirect, punitive, special or consequential damages to you arising out of or related to your use of the Registry or any therapist listed on the Registry, including without limitation damages for intangible damages or damages arising out of or related to reliance on information available on the Site, even if we have been advised of the possibility that such damages may arise.
10. Arbitration. You and we agree that any claim, dispute or controversy between us or claim made by either of us against the other or our employees, agents or assigns and any claim arising from or relating to the Registry or this Site, including the applicability of this arbitration clause and the validity of these terms and conditions, shall be resolved by neutral binding arbitration conducted in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Each such arbitration shall be conducted in the City of Minneapolis, Minnesota and any award may be interpreted and enforced by any court of competent jurisdiction located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The terms and conditions of this Agreement, including without limitation this arbitration provision, shall be interpreted by the internal laws of the State of Minnesota, and the arbitrators shall apply the law of the State of Minnesota. You and we understand that each of us would have had a right or opportunity to litigate disputes through a court and to have a judge or jury decide the case, but each of us acknowledges to have chosen to have any disputes decided through arbitration.
11. Entire Agreement. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersede any and all other agreements, communication (written or oral) between you and us. We may amend these terms and conditions or impose new conditions at any time by notice published on the Site. Any use of the Site by you after such notice shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such amendments, modifications or new conditions. It is understood and agreed that if any provision of these terms and conditions is held by a court to be illegal or in conflict with any law of the State of Minnesota, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be altered, and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be construed and enforced as if these terms and conditions did not contain the provision held invalid. The section titles in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The printed version of these terms and conditions and any notice or amendment given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based on or relating to these terms and conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
12. No Assignment; Waiver. These terms and conditions are personal to you, and your rights and obligations under these terms and conditions may not be assigned, sub-licensed or otherwise transferred or in any manner become the rights and obligations of another without our expressed written consent. No delay or omission on the part of you or us in requiring the performance of the other will operate as the waiver of any right.